Andy Murray /* */

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Using Google Sitemaps

I’ve been working online for nearly 10 years now as an entreprenuer and a marketer, but the other day I stumbled across Google Sitemaps after a recommendation from a fellow onliner (thanks Todd).

You can find Google Sitemaps at:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/siteoverview?hl=en

Googles Overview of Sitemaps states….

...Sitemaps are a two-way communication between webmasters and Google. You can give us information about your site so we can index it more effectively, and we can show you how we see your site and tell you about any trouble we’ve had crawling it.

This is excellent news!!!

After adding just a few pages from a number of my websites, Google Sitemaps started to index them and report to me issues around links on my pages that didn’t work and reporting statistics about my websites.

I’ll keep you informed on my progress…
Hope this helps you increase valuable traffic to your website too!

Andy S Murray
http://www.netarcher.co.uk




© 2004 - 2007 Everything Interesting, Co. U.K. - All Rights Reserved.